Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Under the Weather

The holiday funk has finally caught up with me. It was bound to happen given the break neck pace I kept through Advent and beyond. The funk had me on the lam but ultimately, I was no match for its persistence and the funk has prevailed. I hate admitting defeat.

It's cold here today. And rainy. If I was feeling on top of my game, I'd want to stay inside and hibernate. This is the sort of climate my cozy self was primed for. But given that I feel as if I have wallpapered my throat with sandpaper and have my head in a vice, it took everything I had (which admittedly, wasn't much) to emerge from the comfort of my pillow top mattress and down comforter this morning.

Here's a photo submitted by a loyal reader. This captures my ideal winter landscape...especially on days like today:


















































No comments:

Post a Comment