Monday, July 20, 2009

Homeward Bound

Maybe it's the 104 degree temperatures or maybe it's the busy travel/social calendar of late, but whatever it is, I am completely in hibernation mode. This is rare for me in the Summer. Expecting mothers call it "nesting". My friend, Stacey, calls it "cocooning". I call it being a
shut-in.

In the wake of being a homebody, I like to curl up with a good book. I am reading The Pulitzer Prize winning number, Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. I'm roughly half way through and so far, I like it. The writer's style is not what I expected, but it's certainly not a disappointment. It's billed as a novel, but I don't know that I agree with that classification. It seems like more of a combo of a novel and short story series, emphasis on the latter. Check it out if you're in between reads, trying to switch genres, or just in the market for a good book.


You may recall that an important element of being cozy is having a stocked kitchen. Having a freezer full of food is a nice option if you don't want to cook. I have grown very fond of Amy's Kitchen - Natural and Organic Foods. Their items, which are mainly frozen but also include soups, chili, and jars of pasta sauce, are excellent. I am a full blown carnivore and while Amy's food contains no meat, I don't find myself noticing the discrepancy much less missing it. The selections are vast, the flavor is great, and they are good for you. Amy isn't giving her eats away, but this isn't highway robbery, either. Compared to the other "healthy" frozen foods out there, I'd say Amy is a worthwhile purchase. You can learn more about Amy's at http://www.amys.com/.










No comments:

Post a Comment