Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Drawn to Scale

This is a random post, but I was going through my pictures and found one that jumped out at me for some reason.

Air Force One is easily in the top five when it comes to mammoth structures I have seen. I don't know that its true size can be captured unless you've seen it in person and even then you've got to be pretty dang close to appreciate its girth. To give some idea of how large it is, take a gander at the photo below; paying no attention to the phantom ghost-like Casper individual handing out schedules under the wing. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have been any whiter had I rolled around in talcum, flour, and zinc oxide. Had Air Force One landed at night, I could have been the beacon that brought her down and directed her to chalk on the T, though now that I think about it, it would have been a challenge for Col. Tillman to discern between me and the chalk.

Thank GOD for my friend, Rachael seen just to my right, for supplying the contrast of mandatory White House dark suit and Jon Hart dark luggage. Otherwise, I could have been mistaken for a landing stripe. You know it's bad when you fade in the presence of chrome. Please note: The notion of wearing white to look tan only applies if you have PIGMENT IN YOUR SKIN.

Note: Thank you to Donny Jones, Belton, TX, for supplying this footage.













No comments:

Post a Comment