Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Crew

One of the benefits of having good girl friends is that when the rest of your life is in the shop, your girl friends continue to operate normally. It's a wonderful refuge and it has gotten me through some pretty bumpy times. As the title of the blogs indicates, I am single. Even if I was attached, I would need this group of girls to lean on.

The stars were aligned this week because two of my closest friends happened to be in Austin at the same time. Georgia had a last minute trip to Austin and Rachael is here for a few days en route San Diego. The timing could not have been more perfect and that combined with a nice selection of spirits are really all we need to have a good time.

Lauren, Georgia, and Rachael covened at my apartment and we kicked off a great evening which lasted well into the wee hours. Thomas enjoyed having a harem of babes and we enjoyed just being together. It's been my experience that true friendships, the ones that are built to last, are characterized by the ability to go months without being together and still feeling as if no time has elapsed. Our lives, on paper, are different. We span two coasts (well, we will when Rachael arrives in San Diego) half of us are married and the other two are not. It keeps things interesting and no matter what paths our lives take, it's comforting to know that the friendships will remain a constant.

I'm always grateful for the time I can spend with my closest girl friends. It never disappoints and for me, it's something I truly need. Thanks for being here, girls...both figuratively and literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment