Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Out of the Bullseye

At long last, I have dusted off the blog. For most people 2009 was a bust and no one was happier to see it depart than I. Rather than run the risk of turning the blog into a complaint outlet, I decided to hold off until something positive broke and go from there.

Well, last weekend, something broke and now I feel much more inspired to get back to writing. While the valleys in our lives can make for excellent material, sometimes it is best to get out of the woods first and then reflect on those dark and stormy times.

As most blog readers know, I lost my job last Spring. Having and holding down a good and steady job is important to me. I struggled all through school academically and as a result, the workforce was my chance to start fresh and prove myself to be a capable and driven person. Pitfalls in the professional realm are to be expected but I don't take them well. I won't get into the psycho-babble but the bottom line is, when my professional world doesn't pan out I stumble and fall. Hard. After this most recent hiccup, I was determined to amass whatever collection of jobs I could and stay afloat. That effort was strongly supported by my family as well as my friends and I firmly believe that is why I was able to make it.

Over the next few posts, I will share anecdotes of the past nine months. Life is full of material and my stints in the retail world have not disappointed. My last retail adventure, working at Target Optical, has given me some SPECtacular material and I look forward to sharing it.

In the mean time, I am taking a few days to catch my breath, clean my apartment, and relish the feeling of being offered a new job. I am relieved to be finished with the slings and arrows of unemployment and the general public who permeate the retail world. In short, I am glad to be out of the bullseye.

No comments:

Post a Comment